[My] Life in Wisconsin

Columbus Day- An Ethical Responsibility to Teachers, Parents and Students


http://flintville.multiply.com/journal/item/877/An_Ethical_Responsibility_to_Teachers_Parents_and_Students
Re: Columbus Day- and Thanksgiving.
Teaching the Young about Native Americans



"Much remains to be done to counter stereotypes of Native Americans learned by young children in our society."

Teachers must provide accurate instruction not only about history; but also about the contemporary lives of Native Americans. '

.

"Teachers must teach"
-without prejudice, bias, or duress.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~


Please take a moment to click the link above. Some have already seen it. Too many have not.
Also, please comment there- if you wish-

XOXO
Anne






2 comments:

  1. I am reading Anna my friend :-)
    I guess this is in response to my PM reply mate ?
    Now I know of Tunkashila [Creator] and our real Mother is the Earth.” Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA I have a starting point Anna.
    Thank you

    Learning and gaining knowledge of different things, experiences and people is a GIFT a GIFT that I am not prepared to give up yet, even though I know I will loose more and more of my memory each time I have a seizure, I WILL go back and learn it all again, because for me knowledge is a Gift and I freely give out to people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Lester;
    You did send me a PM but not about Thanksgiving. Bill had asked about Thanksgiving and Turkeys as a reply to http://flintville.multiply.com/journal/item/1162

    On a personal level Lester, no matter what diagnoses your doctors come up with, if you can read, then you are still one step in front of those darn guys. hehehe
    Keep on reading - And replying too. Everyone will understand if you mess up a word or two. Heck I do that all the time.
    Ours (above) is only one way of learning and celebrating. Then again it is kind toward everyone too.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete