[My] Life in Wisconsin

Gales of Novem~Brrr?


   Casey. At her last infusion.

Good Morning All;
I must keep this short this morning- Casey has her infusion scheduled early, and it is a day to bring out the winter jackets.
Yesterday was an odd day- with tornadoes south of us, and thunderstorms that rumbled on and off overhead as I went about my day.
When Punk and I were outside for her last potty break last night it was nice out there, (stockinged feet). The rains were done, and it was probably in the mid 40's or so- and calmer too.
Quite a different story this morning- as the windchill hovers around +10°F. Sustained winds are in the mid to upper 20mph, and my air exchange cover over the stove rattles occasionally.
There is even a draft in the house; (more specifically on me), and I am trying to psyche myself up to get in the shower.

We have no snow as yet- which makes the wind and temps seem that much worse for some reason. (I am not complaining about the lack of shoveling either). hehehe

If you can stand it, I am complaining about my back. Not sure what 'new' thing I did, but it got so bad last week that Casey threatened to bring me to the hospital. I finally caved, and at least made that phone call on Thursday- Returning my call by 7:30 on Friday, they had set up an early appointment for Monday.
Long story short, yesterday the doctor spoke of cement for my back? Hmmm...
I also needed another panel of xrays to determine *if* I have something new going on, or if it is an old and exacerbated thing.
The tech in the radiation dept tried to kill me! I swear he did. I also kept repeating to myself that the end is supposed to justify the means. The back~bend position was the worst; although laying on my side on a hard cold table wasn't much to my liking either.
I drove that disc back across town as soon as I had it too. Must now make an appointment for her to discuss her findings. (Crap).
Since I am mobile, albeit in a snail way, I'd best not complain about glowing in the dark either.


I'd better close- Must get an earlier start as we have to stop over to Randy's before we go to Casey's infusion.

Good Lord, can I shower somehow without removing my nice warm pj's?!?

Love to all.
Be safe and warm.

XOXO
Me



20 comments:

  1. shivering probably hurts your bad even....I'd wash instead and worry about a shower later when it might....I said might.........warm up. Back problems are so so troublesome it seems whatever they do , it just doesnt work. chronic pain, maybe you need to go to a pain management facility instead. I hope this last infusion is the end of all this for Casey, she always looks so happy.....she is truly Gods child......I just wish her role wasnt lets see how much pain and illness a pretty little girl can take......theres got to be more for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all feel better soon....and warmer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew someone who had her discs fixed together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perhaps he was talking about fusing them? that is what I had done and oh the 9 days in the hospital went by in such a blur I tell you...........morphine is a good friend! lol I am feeling so much better now Anna! Make sure you have a good surgeon to do this, my doctor is Dr. Arvind Ahuja supposedly called "neurosurgeon guru" in southeast Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything medical today Anna and Casey, I wish it was cooler here Anna, I swear I saw the Street Lamp Posts bending in the heat yesterday :-(
    When I read how you felt you were being handled by the medical staff and the cement for your back comment I giggled as I immediately thought of Jimmy Hoffa, I have no idea why but that was the funny way my mind works hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can, of course, but getting out of the shower is going to suck.

    Hope everything is going well otherwise and that they fix your back soon.. I sent you a link on the cement in your back some time ago... it looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Pamela;
    I haven't shivered yet, but it might just be like a teeny vibration that would fix the whole mess, ya think? hehehe

    I do go to PMgmt- And have, since Sept of '09. They are the ones that did the shots to my back last year. (Maybe I should ask for more of those)? I just don't know.

    Casey is a wonderful person, isn't she? Gods child first and foremost- Then ours. She has such a quality of LIFE, even when she is sick. Go figure- I get a migraine, barf a few times, and become a pitiful version of myself. SHE fights chronic disease for years and still looks bright and beautiful.

    There is more for her. We just do not know what it is, is all.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  8. Good Morning Mr Bill.
    So.... Please tell me about her?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Suzy!
    You have your own 'guru'?!?
    hehehe

    She said cement. Also said it would be done on an outpatient basis.
    I already take Kadian , which is long acting- and Oxycodone, for breakthrough pain. Those, just to function halfway normally. (Whatever THAT means). hehehe

    Time will tell. I am to schedule an appointment with her in the next few days to see what else might come my way...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Lord Mr Lester!
    You made me laugh about Jimmy Hoffa! (And I don't think I have ever laughed about him before)! hehehe Thanks for that!

    I cannot imagine living through that kind of heat; although Sweet Pamela (somehow) does it on a regular basis here in the States.
    UGH.

    Casey's infusion? What an awful experience for her...
    They gave up after about 7 or 8 pokes to find a vein that wouldn't roll, or flow right.
    The last one took, but caused her too way much pain to continue.
    Nick removed it abut 2 minutes into turning the flow on.
    It didn't infiltrate- Casey said it felt like razor blades in her vein- It hurt all the way UP her arm, and all the way down to the tip of her thumb too.
    Thank you for asking.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe Sweet Pea;
    I ended up turning the heat up 2 degrees, and starting the shower about 3 minutes before I got in.
    Even at that, I just stood there under the warm water allowing myself to enjoy it before I even grabbed the soap and the washcloth.
    Brrr!!! .... And to think I have to do this every day 'til Spring too! My blood will thicken before that.

    I do recall your link, and only wish I could find it again.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought she looked absolutely 'wunnaful' in that shirt too!
    Then again, even at her worst, she is a stunning young lady!
    I do believe I'll keep her. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becky also told me about a little box that would emit electrical charges that might make my back feel better. (And I forgot what she called it, darn it). Will ask when I see her again.
    The only problems with that are that it doesn't 'fix' anything- (But feeling better is good enough isn't it?).
    AND the fact that I wouldn't be able to remove it, or put it on by myself...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bruce had lumber fusion of the L4,L5 and S1 and a cage and 6 screws put in..plus 2 new disc. He still has issues..but mostly because of things he does..not from the surgery. He was in the hospital 4 days.
    He also had the pain pump..wonderful invention!

    ReplyDelete
  15. don't remember what link I sent you but here is another....


    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=bone-cement


    I start the hot water running, close the door, and wait. In moments the bath is warm enough to turn on some cold water and then disrobe.....


    brrr....

    Was so cold yesterday I did the above and then sat in the shower for about ten minutes before I decided to actually shower

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a tens. I don't know that it will help but if anyone thinks it will, I have one and some of the sticky electrodes from when it didn't help my leg.... you may have it.

    basically it shocks your muscles into moving... not clear on how that helps bone pain and it didn't help me diddly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Annie,

    A TENS unit possibly???

    My Brother Stan had his back fused finally. The first surgery the took out the bad disc and just left the vertebra rub together. Then they went in and fused the vertebra so he had no twisting in his lower back. Then they went in and put in plates and rods and screws. The first time he woke up, he couldn't feel his toes so they went back in and backed off one of the screws. I"m holding my breath it doesn't come to that with you.

    Casey looks good but I'm so sorry they couldn't do so well for her.

    Getting much cooler here than I like but I guess, tis the season.

    HUGS Dear One
    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete