[My] Life in Wisconsin

Give the Tea Party what it wants

Link


The author has put forth a lot of effort and time in her thoughts.
I enjoyed this so very much, and hope you do also. 

Do the click above.
See what she recommends.








" I've been reading an interesting discussion about the ramifications of the philosophy espoused by the far right, especially as embodied by Tea Party supporters--about what life would be like if we did away with taxes and let everyone pay his or her own way. The argument, as I understand it, is that voluntary philanthropy is good, but any organized redistribution of wealth, through letting one person's taxes pay for anything for someone else, is bad. It creates an artificially induced state of dependence which leaves people vulnerable to being controlled. Not everyone takes it as far as proposing no taxes and no services, but some do, and that is the only way, really, to be faithful to the philosophical model.

So I say we let the people who want to live that way give it a try.

I think it would be an interesting experiment if " ... More
___________________________

A very interesting post, as well as comments- all explained.
Please take a moment?
Suppose it was for real... Could it work?


XOXO
Me


10 comments:

  1. Anything can work at a cost to someone.
    When there is no help it does not stop one from trying to carry on.
    Send you a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have to 'give' the Tea Party morons anything at all, Annie.

    They've taken what they've wanted - and they'll take the rest, too, because the elected-leader of the Progressive movement has balls the size of BB's, and still believes he can lead a discourse with these people.

    The rest is a non-sequitur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, for someone who wants me not to address him, it takes some serious nerve to comment on something I posted.

    Anna, I will say no more, because this your site, and you surely didn't intend to start anything.

    ReplyDelete

  4. You are right Bill. Anything CAN work.
    Problem is though for this to occur would entail $omeone $pending money...
    Thus making it an ineffective alternative... Or it would seem?

    Thank you for the story too!
    I promise to reply when I can.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  5. Perhaps even giving them the recognition is wrong?
    But how can I help it. They are everywhere. (Kinda like bedbugs that way, if ya ask me). hehehe
    And they used to be fun to laugh at. Now we have to take them seriously because they are here to stay.

    I do not understand why people can not believe the truth. Posted or televised, they are seemingly immune to it.
    I {still} cannot, will not ever, understand the failure to see, and to learn. Nor to take a meaningful stance.
    Is President Obama saving it ... for... what?

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I don't understand. My blogs are open to everyone, mostly.
    Will is a highly intelligent man, and I try to get to all of his links- (even when my computersaurus doesn't want to cooperate). hehehe

    At any rate, you have written a brilliant piece. I stand by my link.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist, does it?

    Obama? He's probably finished - he tried reason and dialogue, and proved that the Teabaggers are perfectly willing to hear what he's saying, make fun of him, and then thrash him in the head with an iron-pipe (metaphorically speaking); he's also proved that he has no Plan B to deal with the problem.

    As the Voice of Progressivism, he's a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Anna. I'm glad you like the entry.

    As far as the rest, it's water under the bridge, afaic, and I'd be glad to see that state of affairs continue. Certainly, you deserve better than to have two of your contacts resume conflicts past on your page. My original comment was intended as a suggestion that a policy of mutual silence would be both the best courtesy we could give our mutual friends and would also be a consistent standard to which we should both adhere. I should have phrased it more courteously, and I hope you'll consider this the apology I owe you for having been so blunt. I owe it to you to work harder than I did to avoid conflict in your house, and I'm sorry I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Forgot to say that I like your graphic. Light-bulb moments can definitely come in the forms of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I certainly can not see that lasting to long

    ReplyDelete